These brownies have it all! Inspired by a Girl Scout favorite, these Samoas Brownies are topped with gooey caramel coconut sauce drizzled with chocolate!
As a young elementary school girl I was in Girl Scouts, and each year I remember trekking out into my neighborhood selling the infamous Girl Scout Cookies. Growing up my favorite cookie was the peanut butter sandwich (and still is); however, today a close second is definitely Samoas otherwise known as Caramel deLites. Coated with chocolate, coconut and caramel as I got older I think my taste buds aged allowing me to better appreciate this delicious combination of flavors. Inspired by this Samoas recipe, these Samoas Brownies are more fluffy and light smothered with salted caramel, coconut goodness. So even though it is not Girl Scout Cookie season quite yet, we can all still enjoy the flavors of one of our favorite cookies!
(Yields 18 brownies)
1 stick of salted butter, melted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extra
1 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
15 unwrapped caramel squares
2 T half and half
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
*optional 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray 7X11 pan. (Can use 8X8 pan if necessary, just remember brownies may need to cook around 8-10 minutes extra.)
- In a microwave safe bowl melt butter. Once melted in a mixing bowl mix in sugar until well mixed. Add vanilla and eggs until mixed entirely. Then mix in flour, cocoa mix and salt. Mix until combined, do not over mix.
- Pour brownie batter into greased pan, using a spatula to spread mixture evenly to the edges.
- Bake brownies for 25 minutes. (Again if using an 8X8 pan I would suggest baking for around 35 minutes. Checking on the brownies to make sure edges do not burn.)
- Allow brownies to cool before layering with caramel topping.
- For the caramel topping unwrap caramel squares and in a microwave safe bowl combine with half and half. (Can use whipping cream if desired.) Melt in 30 second increments stirring in-between. Should take anywhere from 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in salt and shredded coconut into melted caramel, mixing until combined. Then spread caramel topping over the brownies. If desired melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips in the microwave and using a baggies drizzle over the top.
- Place brownies in refrigerator and cool for 1 hour, cut into 18 pieces and ENJOY!!