Packed with flavor and holiday spirit these White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal cookies are a must for any cookie exchange. White chocolate and macadamia nuts are the perfect pairing and by adding dried cranberries the flavors are escalated to another level. Trust me when I say you NEED to make these cookies!
I enjoy a tasty oatmeal cookie and when baked with holiday cranberries and nuts these White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal cookies adopted from LiveLoveandSugar combine to make the best seasonal treat. The thick yet chewy cookies are coated with melt-in-your-mouth white chocolate. So pour yourself a tall glass of milk, pile a few cookies on a plate and enjoy!
White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
1 stick (8 T.) butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cups uncooked oats (preferably quick oats)
1 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup macadamia nuts, crushed
1 cup white chocolate chips, or melting chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line baking tray with parchment paper
- Beat butter and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon to mixture. Add in oats and mix until thick dough forms.
- Stir in cranberries and macadamia nuts.
- Place tablespoon size balls (recipe creates around 24 cookies) on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Cookies may look a little under done but they will continue to cook and firm as they cool.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on tray until moving to a cooling rack.
- Once cookies are cool, melt white chocolate chips. To melt the chips turn microwave onto 50%. Slowly microwave in 30 second intervals, taking it out to stir each time. Once completely melted, dip half the cookie in the chocolate and set back down to dry. Sprinkle with leftover nut pieces and ENJOY!