Before even enjoying a taste of the Peanut Butter Apple Banana Bread I knew I would be a fan! I mean come on, I am slightly obsessed with PEANUT BUTTER! The combination of the fruit, apples and bananas, with the peanut butter couldn’t be more spot on to create the perfect loaf for a morning treat.
Having made “normal” banana bread before I was excited to incorporate other flavors and ingredients to do a twist on an old classic. Modifying the recipe from Averie Cooks, I quickly whipped up this simple yet delicious bread. The addition of the fruit, apples and the bananas, added moisture to every bite. In addition to my love of peanut butter, I made sure to top the loaf with another favorite: chocolate chips!
Peanut Butter Apple Banana Bread
1 large egg
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
1/3 cup peanut butter, creamy
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 medium mashed ripe bananas
1 cup finely chopped apples (2 small peeled apples)
1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9X5 inch bread loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the egg, brown sugar, canola oil, granulated sugar, Greek yogurt, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Slowly stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until combined, don’t over mix.
- Gently fold in mashed bananas and finely chopped apples. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes (I baked mine for 52 minutes using a dark loaf pan) until the top is golden and a knife stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for an hour before indulging in. Keep bread in an air tight container in the refrigerator for best freshness. Enjoy!